Thank you for your interest in Life On Pause. We have extended the audition deadline for the roles listed below. Please click the link next to each role for the audition materials and record the attached scenes. After recording, please apply using the form below by 11:59 PM PST, August 8th. These are paid opportunities.
Please note: this show will record remotely, and is open to actors in any location. Please record your audition on the recording set up you would utilize if cast, and upload .wav files for your audition, as we will take into account the quality of sound for our recording purposes. You may audition for as many roles as you feel you are a fit for.
Auditions that do not follow all of the instructions will not be considered.
- IZUMI (female, 40s-50s. Asian American): Estranged mother of famous food Vlogger Mizuki, Izumi is fiercely loyal, if sometimes harsh. She works as a teacher, and the primary caretaker for her elderly mother, Tomoe. CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL
- JACKIE (female, 17): Tenacious, a little serious, and a woman of the people. Jackie dreams of being a reporter, but is trapped at home with her parents in rural Basin, Montana. Actress must be comfortable portraying a YOUNG JACKIE (aged 11). CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL
- MIZUKI (female, 20s, Asian American): Quiet, uncomfortable, and terribly introverted, Mizuki unexpectedly finds success as a food vlogger in Los Angeles. She carefully separates her bright, bubbly camera persona from her personal life. CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL
- THEODORE (male, 50s): Mysterious, charming, and wise. Well-traveled, and an incredible storyteller. Also, an unfortunate owner of a home exercise machine that can’t ever seem to work. CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL
- CORINNE (female, late 30s-early 40s, Asian American): Doting, kind, and smarter than she seems. Overjoyed by the return of her daughter, though she struggles to deal with the tragedy that has brought her daughter home. In the wake of crisis, Corinne is a motherly source of comfort. CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL
- TOMOE (female, 60s-70s, Asian): Unbothered by much and unfettered in her adoration for her granddaughter, Tomoe is Mizuki’s biggest fan. Nurturing and full of life even in her old age, Tomoe lends inspiration to Mizuki’s desire to bring her culture into her recipes. CLICK HERE FOR AUDITION MATERIAL